The Green Bridge on Green Lane between Winterbourne Earls and Hurdcott in June 2014. Access via Tanners Lane.
The photo on the left was taken in August 1958. In those days the ford at the Green Bridge was in constant use by tractors from Manor Farm and Bright’s Farm. A footpath led to the bridge for pedestrians and to the left of that was the track used by farm vehicles.
Children would fish for minnows with nets and jam jars and it was a good safe area to play.
Today it is used more by dog walkers than children and forms part of a good walk from Ford along the River Bourne to Winterbourne Cricket Pitch.